Thursday, March 8, 2012

coming soon!

I don't think it's a secret anymore that I'm attempting to be a writer. I guess that's not true. I AM a writer, I'm attempting to become a published author.

For the past two years, I have particiapted in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and last year was awesome because I met some really great people. Those of us who are really serious about getting into good writing habits have decided to stick around in the "off season" to support each other. Last month we decided to do a mini NaNo and write 20,000 words of fiction. I completed that challenge.

This month we are giving writing prompts each week and then writing a short story based on the prompt we chose. Last week, a girl posted a prompt asking to write a story about a girl's summer vacation during 1969. I loved the idea and immediately started looking for a story to tell. Unfortuantely I couldn't quite come up with anything that I was overly thrilled with. So I decided to ask people who were actually alive in '69, and let the idea simmer in the back of my brain.

I then turned my attentions to a short story I started last year after a good friend of mine issued me a personal challenge. She asked me to write about the perfect relationship or an ideal relationship. It's grown and evolved since then and I now have a working plot for that story. With a new direction, I am excited to go ahead and finally finish that one.

After I finish this older short story, I will start my research for my 1969 piece. My dad gave me the great idea of highlighting the death of the idealistic 60's and the free love movement. It's an idea that is right up my alley and I am super excited to start it in the next couple of days.

After that I am either going to start working on my novel again, or I am going to do some plotting/planning for last year's NaNo piece. I think it could be turned into a relatively good contemporary romance series. I want to flesh out my characters and my fictional town of King's Mountain.

I have so much I want to write. Sometimes I wish I could just think it and it would be on paper because my hands can't keep up with the ideas flowing in my brain.

Health, Peace, & Happiness
lindsayallison

1 comment:

  1. I hereby offer you the "Versatile Blog" award, and hope we can cheer each other on in our writing for a long time :)
    More information can be found in my blog: http://treelightswriting.blogspot.de/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award-resolution.html

    ReplyDelete