Wednesday, February 29, 2012

progress not perfection

Tyra always tells her models, "Progress not perfection."

I need to keep that in mind myself. I need to remember that my heaviest weigh in was 225lbs at 5'7". And that's just the highest number I ever saw. Who KNOWS what my actual heaviest weight was.

I am currently sitting at 186lbs. For those of you keeping track that's about 40lbs lost so far. I had lost some weight on my own about a year and a half ago when I just stopped eating out so much and just tried to cut back on portions a little.

I have lost 11 pounds since I started really trying to change my lifestyle. I have fallen off the wagon a little bit with my eating, but I plan to go grocery shopping tomorrow and get all my healthy foods.

My goal is to get to 150lbs and/or a size 10. Once I get there, I will reassess and see if I can safely go smaller. I have some curves to me that will definitely hinder me getting to be stick thin, lol.

I can and will do this. I just have to remember that I need PROGRESS not PERFECTION.

Three years ago, I was close to a size 18. Three years ago, I couldn't get my belt ends to meet, never mind put it on. Three years ago, I couldn't wrap a towel around myself and be covered. Three years ago, I couldn't get my class ring on my finger. Three years ago, I weighed close to 230lbs.

Today, I am a size 12 and even those are getting a little loose. Today I not only wear my belt, and I'm about to move it down another notch. Today, I can wear a towel and it will stay on. Today, I am wearing my class ring. Today, I am 186lbs.

Just keep reminding yourself of where you've been, how far you've come, and then look at where you want to go. Whether your destination is just a few feet away from you or it's that tiny dot on the horizon just remember that the destination IS IN SIGHT.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment