Wednesday, November 9, 2011

no words

So, I'm sitting at my desk, having just finished my word count for the day (2183 for November 9) and I'm clicking around the internet, pretty much wasting time.

I am kind of hungry but am being too lazy to go downstairs in search of food. A part of me wants a cigarette, but it's cold outside and the alarm is probably already set. I can do without the cigarette right now. I will probably end up downstairs for food before too much longer.

I've got the TV on and I'm contemplating getting a head start on November 10's word count seeing as a second wind is headed my way.

Then I see Blogger under my favorites and I think: I want to update my blog.

Then I realize: I have no words.

I don't know what I want to write about! I'm not talking about my novel. I know where that's going, I think. I want to talk about my life, but I don't know what to say!

It's been a crazy, hectic week and I feel like I have been chaotically busy. Today is my first day off in a week and I couldn't be happier for it. I want to spend the rest of the day locked up in my room, writing and watching tv, and maybe even reading (gasp!). I am looking forward to a quiet, drama free day.

First on Sunday & Monday we had a special coupon available to our customers that kept work incredibly busy. Then we had some people from another store come in to help us get decorated for Christmas. Yup, that's right, Halloween is over so that means Christmas is in full swing in the retail world. As much hard work as it was, the store looks fantastic.

Luckily for us it has slowed down just a touch and it probably will stay that way for the next week or two. It will be a nice break.

Well, now that I'm finishing up this random, stream-of-consciousness style blog post, I think maybe I will just go to bed. It is late. And I am tired.

lindsayallison

No comments:

Post a Comment