Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fly

**Please note: I did NOT come up with most of these lines. I took lines from songs on my current mixed CD and smushed them together in a weird poem/song/hybrid thingy. Some words were changed, some were taken away and some were added. Credits at the end.**

Fly

Get ready for it, I came to win.
I came to fly, fly away…

It’s been a long time since I came around,
But this time I’m not leaving without you.
I shouldn’t miss you, but I’d rather die –
You’re the only one who really knew me at all.
So I become alive in a time of pain and fear.

Spent my whole life looking for that somebody
Who knew where I kept my better side.
Yeah, you’ve got a piece of me.
And try as I may, I could never explain –
How we’re forever united here somehow.
And how wonderful life is, now you’re in the world.

So lying underneath those stormy skies,
You pulled on me like the moon pulls on the tide.
You said, “Sit back down where you belong.
“Lights will guide you home and I will try to fix you.”
Away I flew and dreamed of paradise.

Trying to forgive you for abandoning me.
The tears come streaming down my face.
I cried my eyes out for days upon days.
Drowning in a river of my own tears,
Every tear became a waterfall –
A broken promise and a broken heart.
Life goes on, could it be worse?

I hear the criticism loud and clear:
I am lost, I am vain.
I pray but I’m still an angel away.
It gets so heavy, this burden placed upon me.
And there’s nothing left here to remind me.

I can’t erase, so I’ll take the blame.
For what’s being said between your heart and mine.
Come the night, you’re only what I want.
Come the day you could be my confidant –
But I follow the night.
There’s a chance I could take:
I could follow the day.
When will I begin to live again?
I will never be the same…

I close my eyes and run away in my sleep.
I wished for so much, but if flew from my reach.
In the night, the stormy night
The Wheel breaks the butterfly.
Every time I close my eyes.

I’ll try my best, but even if I don’t succeed
I’ll know just what I’m worth.
But if I never try then I’ll never know.
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
And this could be paradise.

I can’t quit now, this can’t be right!
In the night, the stormy night
I know the sun must set to rise.
The troubles start coming and I start rising
And this is how I know that the time is near.
I am not one who can easily hide
For I represent an entire generation.
The time is now.

Take a look at me now,
For one day I’ll fly away.
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes.
I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive.
And I will win, thrive, soar higher and higher.

‘Cause I am not a word and I am not a line.
I am not a girl that could ever be defined.

Credits:
Fly by Nicki Minaj & Rihanna
Paradise & Fix You by Coldplay
One Day I'll Fly Away & Your Song from "Moulin Rouge"
You and I by Lady Gaga
When You Say Nothing At All, Baby Now That I've Found You, & Dimming of the Day by Alison Krauss
Without You by David Guetta & Usher
Against All Odds by Phil Collins
My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment